We take the same passionate and caring approach to the environment as we do our customers. We pledge to create the smallest environmental footprint possible.
Environmental Responsibility Statement
All of us at Vision Integrated Graphics are concerned about the potential negative consequences our processes may have on the environment. It has been and will always be our environmental responsibility to reduce these consequences by reducing our waste generation and emissions at their source. This commitment is at the very core of our business model. In fact, Vision was an early participant in the Illinois Great Printers Program, and we have learned that there is always a better way to do things. We are constantly looking to improve, and our commitment to environmental stewardship often leads the way.
Vision understands that pollution prevention starts with knowing what and how much we contribute to the waste streams of our air, land, and water. We closely monitor and accurately report our emissions and waste generation activity according to state guidelines. We not only quantify our waste and emissions, we also track our reductions in those waste streams as well. We have taken many steps in pollution prevention over our history; some have come because of technological advancements, but many have come by simply behaving responsibly. As part of these continuing efforts, we have also become certified to the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) chain-of custody standards as part of our commitment to responsible forest management. Going forward, Vision will continue to enthusiastically support new environmentally responsible practices.
- We recycle every plate we purchase which amounts to over 16 tons of aluminum annually.
- We recycle all Imaging Oil residues from our digital presses, which amounts to over 1,500 gallons annually.
- We recycle all of our waste paper which amounts to over 1,300 tons of paper annually.
- In the past year, we have also recycled 23.5 tons of cardboard, and 9 tons of plastic.
- We utilize automatic blanket washers and automatic fountain solution replenishers on our sheetfed presses to increase the efficiency of their use. We also print alcohol free.
- We utilize soy-based, solvent-free inks on our offset presses, and offer paper substrate options to our customers that contain anywhere from 10% to 100% recycled content.
- We have a 100% digital pre-press workflow, and offer color-managed virtual proofing to our clients who are able to maintain a calibrated viewing system at their locations.
- We have a web portal for automatic job entry and fulfillment for clients who enlist.
- We aggressively track any spoilage that occurs and follow-up with a root cause analysis to get at the heart of any wasted material or effort. This program alone has enabled us to reduce our own self-inflicted waste to less than 1% of sales volume.
- We incorporate the latest in latex and UV print technology and 83% of our large format print platforms are eco-friendly.
- By using latex and UV print, we have reduced our VOC output to near zero levels on 10 of our 12 machines.
- We have expanded our flexible and rigid eco-sustainable media options to include more recyclable, post-consumer content and re-purpose capable materials.