12 Direct Marketing Stats That Break the Millennial Myth
Beyond the Myths: Young Adults Do Read Mail
Leading the digital revolution are Millennials (according to The Center for Generational Kinetics, are those born between the years 1977 and 1995). The stereotypes are there: Millennials are digital natives, constantly checking their smartphones and the only way for marketers to reach them is through social media.¹
Well, truth have it, Millennials respond to a low-tech direct marketing approach that’s been around for centuries. We’re talking about paper in a mailbox.
Here are 12 statistics that may surprise you:
- 84% of Millennials take the time to look through their mail.¹
- 64% would rather scan for useful info in the mail than email.¹
- 77% of Millennials pay attention to direct mail advertising.²
- 90% of Millennials think direct mail advertising is reliable.³
- 57% have made purchases based on direct mail offers.³
- 87% of Millennials like receiving direct mail.⁴
- 50% of Millennials say they ignore digital ads.²
Compared with previous generations, Millennials are:
Studies show Millennials enjoy receiving mail even more than non-Millennials. In fact, 50% of Millennials say they like to discover what the mail brings every day and consider time spent looking at and reading it time well spent.¹
Vision is a leading direct marketing solutions provider, recognized by national publications and ranked in the Top 20 for direct mail volume by Bell and Howell’s DM200. Expertise in direct mail is at the core of our business and we can help you grab attention with a wide range of formats and personalization. With decades of experience, we’re experts in the production, fulfillment and complex kitting required for today’s targeted mail programs. We mail millions of direct mail pieces daily, regularly exceeding the expectations of clients who rely on us to deliver time sensitive mail on time and budget. To speak to one of our direct marketing specialists, click the button below.