For almost 60 years, Vision has had the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of many industry changes. As technology has evolved, we have developed methods and solutions that address the growing needs of our clients. By being proactive, we have been able to create efficient, customized, cutting edge solutions for our clients. What was once a traditional printing operation has grown into a leading on and offline marketing solutions provider servicing clients nationwide.
Our founding companies, Alpha Beta Press and Award Vision, quickly established themselves as leaders in their field, which included graphic arts and print communication. They were early adopters of digital printing and web-to-print applications. In 2005, they merged to become Vision Integrated Graphics Group, LLC, whose company executives have extensive experience in marketing, finance, business communications and graphic arts. In early 2012, Vision acquired Point Imaging, a brand identity and promotions specialist in the large format arena. Most recently in 2015, Vision merged with Tobe Direct, one of the nation’s leading direct marketing companies. Tobe Direct was founded in 1998 to serve the market need for a turnkey, service-oriented solution for clients seeking a single source to manage their direct marketing efforts. Today our company is truly a one-stop destination and we have rebranded under the name Vision – Your Brand Delivered.
Our commitment to our people, technology and client solutions continues to drive every decision we make. How we approach and address your marketing needs differentiates us from every other provider in the marketplace. Vision is dedicated to delivering customized, innovative solutions that create a higher return on your marketing investment.
Our Leadership Team
As a national leader of visual marketing and technology-based marketing solutions, Vision delivers custom marketing solutions to Fortune 1000 companies. It is no secret…our clients are at the heart of what we do. Our leadership team maintains this focus and drives our commitment to delivering results while bringing our purpose and values to the forefront of our daily activities. The leadership team’s years of experience in delivery are the foundation for our success today and in the future.
Chief Executive Officer & Founder
Doug’s experience in the marketing services industry began as the founder of Award Graphics in 1985. Over the past 30 years, the company achieved significant organic growth, successfully integrated several strategic acquisitions and was re-branded as Vision. Today, Doug leads the executive management team and sets the company’s strategic direction. Doug has extensive experience in a wide range of client categories and has played a pivotal role in enterprise level client programs.
Doug has a BS in Business Administration from the University of Kansas School of Business.
In 2015, Brad joined Vision bringing nearly 20 years of experience in marketing and media. He previously served in a senior management role with InnerWorkings, responsible for new client development and strategic acquisitions. He had a long career with the Tribune Company, where he led a group of media properties, including the Redeye, Hoy and Chicago Magazine. He also launched a digital marketing agency providing search, social and reputation management services to businesses. Brad leads revenue generation, client service offerings and business opportunities.
Brad has a BA in Finance from Michigan State University and an MBA from the University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business.
John is a seasoned expert at retail marketing. With experience working on both sides of the business – as vendor and client – John’s unique perspective helped him build his company, Tobe Direct, which merged with Vision in 2015.
John started his career in the typesetting business which he transformed into Papa John’s Print Network, which he eventually sold to Papa John’s International. He then gained valuable client insight by becoming a Papa John’s franchisee with 30 locations. In 1998 John returned to the print and direct mail business founding Tobe Direct. John currently sits on the board of Vision and is in charge of new business development as well as managing some of the company’s largest retail accounts.
John has a BS in Business Administration from the University of Cincinnati.
Prior to presiding over Vision’s Tinley Park operations, several major enterprise accounts and the financial aspects of the business, Steve Smits held a position with an international public accounting firm for eight years before starting his own Chicago-based CPA firm. After four years of providing financial and tax consulting services to Alpha Beta Press, he became an owner, purchasing part of the company in 1990. In 2005, Steve purchased the rest of the company and merged it with Award/Vision to form Vision Integrated Graphics Group.
Steve is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin where he received an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and an MBA in Accounting. Steve is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Chief Technology Officer
Rick joined Vision in 2015 after spending over 10 years at Aspen Marketing, where he was instrumental in developing customer-centric IT business solutions leveraging digital/direct marketing, big-data management, analytics and ecommerce. Rick leads the Vision technology team in the development of strategies, platforms, products and services that improve business performance for our clients.
Rick has a BA in Physics from Lake Forest College, a MS in Computer Science from DePaul University and an MBA from Illinois Institute of Technology.
Executive VP / Client Services
John is a long time Vision employee with over 30 years of management and production experience in the graphics industry. He is responsible for leading pre-press, client services, the variable data group, production and scheduling. Under his direction, Vision clients experience consistent, efficient implementation and communication.
John has a BA in Business Management from the University of Illinois, Chicago.
Vice President of Finance
Darin oversees the accounting and human resource functions at Vision including financial and management reporting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and employee benefits. Darin is also responsible for management software and process improvement relating to integration of all aspects of the business through the core software. After spending five years in public accounting at a top 20 regional accounting firm in Chicago, he joined the Vision team and has been with the organization for over 20 years.
Darin has a BS in Accounting from the University of Illinois – Champaign/Urbana.
Certifications & Compliance
G7 Master Printer
Vision Integrated Graphics has earned the certification of G7 Master printer status from the International Digital Enterprise Alliance (IDEAlliance). G7 is an innovative calibration process that controls and assures a visual match between proofs and the finished print product. This new quality control process enables us to produce more predictable and more consistent color with less preparation and less waste. Master Status is only granted to those companies that successfully pass an audit of press color measurement equipment, process control procedures and verifications of both proof and print quality.
The G7 proof-to-print process assures improved grey balance, color stability and color appearance matching across multiple printing sites that carry G7 certification. The G7 standard was developed by IDEAlliance and the GRACol Committee. The process utilizes the principles of digital imaging, spectrophotometry and computer-to-plate technology to maximize color match. You can feel confident that the visual appearance of our proofs will be confirmed by the printed product, whether it is printed digitally or conventionally.
The Vision Integrated Graphics Group is pleased to announce that we have been certified to Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) chain-of-custody standards as part of our commitment to responsible forest management. While the recognition is nice to have, our commitment to conservation isn’t new. In fact, we have exceeded the state’s standard for FSC Certification compliance since 1998 when we were awarded the designation of Illinois Best Printers for our voluntary pollution reduction programs.
At Vision, we have always believed in the importance and impact of environmentally sound business practices because we want to be part of the solution – not the problem. You can be certain we will continue working hard to be in complete compliance with Illinois’ regulations for air, land and water conservation.
As part of our commitment to responsible forest management, Vision has been certified to Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) chain-of-custody standards. This certification allows Vision to print on certified materials and utilize the FSC logo for the many customers we serve. Now you can proudly display the FSC logo on your materials to show the world you’re making a difference.
For more information on what our FSC Certification could mean for you, please contact your Vision Sales Representative.
Vision is HIPAA compliant. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) required the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to develop regulations protecting the privacy and security of certain health information. The HIPAA Privacy Rule protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information, called protected health information (PHI), as explained in the Privacy Rule. The Security Rule protects a subset of information covered by the Privacy Rule, which is all individually identifiable health information a covered entity creates, receives, maintains or transmits in electronic form. The Security Rule calls this information “electronic protected health information” (e-PHI).
Specifically, covered entities must:
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all e-PHI they create, receive, maintain or transmit
- Identify and protect against reasonably anticipated threats to the security or integrity of the information
- Protect against reasonably anticipated, impermissible uses or disclosures; and ensure compliance by their workforce
Vision has adapted to conform to the NIST 800-53 standards to operate our Information Security model. These recognized standards are a model of quality and we use this framework to monitor and control risk.
NIST is used to:
- Identify risks
- Implement controls to reduce risk
- Continuously improve controls
We take the same passionate and caring approach to the environment as we do our customers. We pledge to create the smallest environmental footprint possible.
Environmental Responsibility Statement
All of us at Vision Integrated Graphics are concerned about the potential negative consequences our processes may have on the environment. It has been and will always be our environmental responsibility to reduce these consequences by reducing our waste generation and emissions at their source. This commitment is at the very core of our business model. In fact, Vision was an early participant in the Illinois Great Printers Program, and we have learned that there is always a better way to do things. We are constantly looking to improve, and our commitment to environmental stewardship often leads the way.
Vision understands that pollution prevention starts with knowing what and how much we contribute to the waste streams of our air, land, and water. We closely monitor and accurately report our emissions and waste generation activity according to state guidelines. We not only quantify our waste and emissions, we also track our reductions in those waste streams as well. We have taken many steps in pollution prevention over our history; some have come because of technological advancements, but many have come by simply behaving responsibly. As part of these continuing efforts, we have also become certified to the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) chain-of custody standards as part of our commitment to responsible forest management. Going forward, Vision will continue to enthusiastically support new environmentally responsible practices.
Doug Powell – CEO
- We recycle every plate we purchase which amounts to over 16 tons of aluminum annually.
- We recycle all Imaging Oil residues from our digital presses, which amounts to over 1,500 gallons annually.
- We recycle all of our waste paper which amounts to over 1,300 tons of paper annually.
- In the past year, we have also recycled 23.5 tons of cardboard, and 9 tons of plastic.
- We utilize automatic blanket washers and automatic fountain solution replenishers on our sheetfed presses to increase the efficiency of their use. We also print alcohol free.
- We utilize soy-based, solvent-free inks on our offset presses, and offer paper substrate options to our customers that contain anywhere from 10% to 100% recycled content.
- We have a 100% digital pre-press workflow, and offer color-managed virtual proofing to our clients who are able to maintain a calibrated viewing system at their locations.
- We have a web portal for automatic job entry and fulfillment for clients who enlist.
- We aggressively track any spoilage that occurs and follow-up with a root cause analysis to get at the heart of any wasted material or effort. This program alone has enabled us to reduce our own self-inflicted waste to less than 1% of sales volume.
- We incorporate the latest in latex and UV print technology and 83% of our large format print platforms are eco-friendly.
- By using latex and UV print, we have reduced our VOC output to near zero levels on 10 of our 12 machines.
- We have expanded our flexible and rigid eco-sustainable media options to include more recyclable, post-consumer content and re-purpose capable materials.
208 S. Jefferson St.
Chicago, IL 60661
Tel: 312-373-6300 | Fax: 312-373-6301
Our technology team and some administrative staff is located in our downtown Chicago office. Being in the heart of the city with easy access to transportation provides us the perfect location to attract top notch technologists.
FSC® Certified Facility, FSC-C102274
605 Territorial Dr.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Tel: 331-318-7800 | Fax: 630-910-3670
Today’s demand for quick turn-around and highly-personalized marketing can directly influence a company’s strategic path to growth. The investments we make today touch every facet of our business—from our industry-leading print, finishing and mailing equipment to our growing team of software and application developers and graphic specialists. Furthering this commitment, Vision is expanding our Bolingbrook, IL facility. Combining our digital print, offset print, finishing and lettershop operations under one roof will increase our efficiency and solidify our place as a leader in direct marketing services.
1701 Northwind Parkway
Hobart, IN 46342
Tel: 219-947-0200 | Fax: 219-947-0300
Our 66,000 sq. ft. facility in Hobart, IN produces large format retail, out-of-home, sporting event and facility and mobile graphics. Our clients rely on our attention to detail and superior service for their visual communication programs.
We are proud of our diverse client portfolio that includes national, regional and local businesses from a variety of industries. Wide-format print is the perfect complement to Vision’s digital and conventional print line-up. 75% of our print platforms are eco-friendly and 45% of our plant is on wheels. This mobility allows us to customize our plant to fit your needs on a per-project basis. Add to that our central location to the top U.S. markets, and you have a winning combination that reduces impact on the environment and shipping costs.
Our Equipment List
Equipment and technology investments touch every facet of our business—from our equipment and software to application developers and graphics specialists to our IT infrastructure. Vision creates efficient, customized, cutting-edge solutions for our clients so they can build and distribute relevant content to targeted audiences. In short, our continued investment in equipment and technology saves you time and money.
- Komori 6-color Press, 28” x 40” with in-line coater and extended delivery
- Komori 5-color Press, 28” x 40” with in-line coater and extended delivery
- Sakurai MS-80A UV Press, 31.625×21.75 Screen Printer
- Hamada H248 2-color Press
- Halm Super XL 2-color UV Jet Press
- (2) UV Coating Systems
- (3) HP 10000 Indigo Press 29.5“ x 20.9” 6-color
- (3) HP 7600 Indigo Press 13“ x 19” 6-color
- (2) HP 7000 Indigo Press, 13“ x 19”6-color
- (2) Oce PageStream 372 LED 28″ x 18.25″ Presses
- (3) Konica-Minolta 1250 bizhub 12″ x 18″ Press
- (2) IBM Infoprint 4100 Advanced Function Printing System
Pre-Press and Imaging
- Prinergy/PDF computer direct-to-plate digital workflow
- Kodak Magnus 800 Quantum Platesetter with Squarespot Thermal Imaging
- Creo Scitex EverSmart Color Scanner
- Durst Rho 1312 Series, Direct-to-Board Printer/Heavy Duty Roll-to-Roll Hybrid (8 Colors including Orange and Violet) 100”
- Vutek GS3250LX Direct-to-Board Printer/Roll-to-Roll Hybrid 8-color + white 126″
- Vutek GS3250R Large Format Printer Direct-to-Board Printer/Roll-to-Roll Hybrid 8-color 126″
- HP Scitex XP 5300 Large Format Printer (w/ XP 5500 upgrades) 192″
- HP L25500 Designjet Large Format Printers 60″
- HP Z6800 Large Format Printer 60″
- Roland Soljet EJ-640 Large Format Printer 64″
Large-Format Digital Finishing Tables
- Esko Kongsberg iXP24 66″x126″
- Esko Kongsberg iXL24 66″x120″
- Zund L2500 CV 70.5″x98″
- Zund G3 L2500 70″x98″
- (3) Pitney Bowes 6-pocket Flowmaster with Camera Perfect Match and 4″ MCS print head
- MCS Eagle UV with 4″ variable print capabilities
- MCS Eagle Ink Jet System w/single 4.25″ print capabilities
- (2) HP Array 4″ Imaging System
- (5) Pro Fold Postal Certified Tabbing System
- Bell & Howell Mailstar 6-pocket insert/sealer
- GBR Accumulator Folder W Norpack 6-station inserter
- Pitney Bowes Mailstream Direct (APS)
- Pitney Bowes 3-station Flowmaster 12000 w/ Camera Perfect Match, 4″ print head
- Pitney Bowes 6-station Flowmaster 12000XL w/Camera Perfect Match, 4″ print head
- (2) Pitney Bowes 6-station Flowmaster 12000XL w/Camera
Digital Proofing/Contract Proofing
- Epson Stylus Inkjet Proofers for contract proofing
- Xrite SpectroProofer
- Canon ImpoProof 8000 – double-sided imposition proofer
Bindery, Finishing, and Fulfillment
- MBO BOGRAMA BSR 550 Rotary Die Cutter with Pile Feeder
- Insignia Rotary Die Cutter
- Polar Electronic Fully Programmable Cutters
- Prism P115 Cutter
- Horizon 3-Knife Trimmer
- MBO Continuous Feed Folders with Double Gate and In-line Glue
- Muller-Martini Collator and Saddle Stitcher
- Osako 230 Collator and Saddle Stitcher
- Duplo 5000 Automatic Booklet Maker
- Kluge 30″ 22 x 30 Die Cutter
- MGI Card Punch Pro CR80 Die Cutter
- BQ-270V Perfect Binder (Variable Binder)
- Rollem TR Programmable Slit, Score and T-perf System
- Rollem Score Unit
- Standard Horizon Computerized Folder
- 20″ Stahl Right Angle Folder
- MBO Pile Feed Folder
- Linemods Mail Table with Plow Fold and Opening Station
- RSL 27” Roll Laminator (hot & cold)
- ISP Stitcher
- (2) Challenge Round Corner
- (2) MCS Tabber
- Label-Aire Label
- Automatic Padding & Taping Machine
- Kit assembly, storage and fulfillment services
- Conflex-Fusion Automatic Shrinkwrap System
- Smipack Automatic Shrinkwrap System
- Morgana Digifold
- Morgana Auto-Creaser 50
- Challenge 5-Hole Drill
- Challenge 3-Hole Drill
- Paddy Wagon Paper Padder
- Tec Lighting TRUV21F Coater
- (2) KR203C Coin Attacher (pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters)
- Kirk Rudy Card Attaching & Processing System
- (2) Sterling Punchmaster, high-speed punches for double loop wire and coil binding
- (2) Sprial JB, BB 50 high-speed wire-o binders
- (2) APM Speedy Bag Packagers
- US PaperCounters, Count-Wise M
- Sterling Wire Master Pro high speed wire-o machine whirlwind 185 hang tag stringer
Custom Mounting, Laminating, and Finishing
- Full in-house finishing capabilities
- Wide variety of laminates
- (2) D&K Double Coat Laminator with auto feeder